Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday {4}

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing idea hosted over at The Broke and Bookish and this week we take on the challenge of picking out Top Ten books (or sometimes just things) for this weeks list. This week for Top Ten Tuesday is what makes us want to read a book. It can be pretty much whatever, so let's get in to the list.

1. So I've been very upfront about this always, if a book has a pretty cover, I am most likely going to want to read the book. Something about a pretty looking book just makes me want to own it and read it and see how pretty it can be on the inside.

2. Anything to do with a cute romance. I am a cliche reader and love contemporaries and just the basic love story, they really just make my heart so happy.

3. If someone else tells me how much they love a book, and I can really tell that they just thoroughly enjoyed the book and their reading experience and I am extremely likely to give the book a chance.

4. If I keep seeing the book everywhere. I probably don't even need to know much about it, but if I've heard about it a million times then I just want to read it to know what the heck it's about.

5. If one of my favorite authors wrote it. I mean come on, if I love enough of their other work then I really just want to read anything else they write, because it's likely that I'm going to like it.

6. If it's a retelling of something I love. Especially as of late, there seems to be a lot of retellings, and a lot of them are beauty and the beast related, which used to be my favorite animated movie when I was a child, so I will read any of those I can get my hands on.

7. If there is a movie or tv series coming out about the book. I knew about 13 reasons why forever ago and I just never seemed to want to get it, it just didn't seem like something I would like. But then Netflix picked it up and made a series and everyone loves it. I'm very big about reading something before watching it as well, so I have not yet watched the show because I'm waiting to read the book, which I lent out to a friend that had finished the series.

8. If the book was blurbed by one of my favorite authors. If my favorite author likes your books then clearly I'm going to like it right!

9. One word, Nerds. Anything and Everything nerdy is right up my alley since I am a very large self proclaimed nerd and I am proud! So if there's a book that's to relate to me and what I do, then yes, I want it and need it now!

10. Honestly, if it's in the YA genre I'll probably want to read it. There's not a whole lot that I don't like and I'm really willing to give any book a try, so just let me have all the books!!

So that's my list! What's yours? If you made a post feel free to drop a link below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3