Thursday, July 14, 2011

Review: Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Thursday, July 14, 2011
Blue Moon - Alyson Noel
Release Date: July 7th 2009
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 284
Overall: 4/5



Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning.  In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must chose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day...
I really wish I could be able to say that this book was as amazing as the first, but it did come semi close. I really liked that I was able to see where Ever and Damen's relationship went and what happened after the end of the first novel. I do have to say though the development with the villain in this one fell a bit short. I liked that they had someone new, who yes played a vital role in both Ever and Damen's pasts, but I don't like how long it took for us to be told about it or to be let on with what was happening. Like I've said multiple times I can usually tell what is going to happen in a book, and it was the same with this one, it just didn't make me happy how long it took to get to it.

Something else that left me a little disappointed was Ever's actions. Sure I loved her in the first book but there is just one thing she does in this novel, that honestly I can understand why she she would do it, but she should have thought about doing it first and not acted in the manner she did. Then there's also the fact of what she does before hand, ok so maybe her actions throughout most of this book are extremely frustrating to me. I just don't understand how one girl could constantly make the obvious wrong decisions. But then again maybe that's the way she was in the first one and I just never noticed, but this time I did.

Although I am happy that everything ended well at the end of this novel there's of course those questions that are still left unanswered that really get to me, but that's what makes waiting for the next book just so much more exciting. Like what's going to happen with Ever and Damen, what about Roman, what is going on with Ava, and how are things back at school after what happened. I think those are the most vague questions I could think of, I hate giving away stories for people haha. So I guess just like me you'll have to just see what is going to happen with this series as we go.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information particularly the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Business Loan

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3