Sunday, January 16, 2011

Books of 2011 {1}

Sunday, January 16, 2011
So the new year has been put into full swing and January is almost over, but I've been trying my best to read as fast as possible. I'll be honest I haven't gotten much done, but I have read a few including the new book my Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and you can find reviews for them below.

A Shore ThingA Shore Thing by Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have to admit I loved this book. Everyone I talked to before I started it seemed to be against reading it for one reason, the author. But I love anything and everything Jersey Shore, so how could I say no. I finished the book in just two days and couldn't stop laughing the entire time. If you know anything about Snooki you can see the resemblance in main character Gia, even throwing in a few things she's said, and done, on the show. Even if you aren't a fan of Jersey Shore or Snooki I would still recommend this book. It's an amazing book about two cousins who take a month off to go to the shore and end up becoming better people and even closer friends. This book has such a cute story and hilarious antidotes. If your looking for a upbeat and good times kind of book to read I would add this to your list.


The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have enjoyed this entire series, and the books just get better as they go. With the other books in the series I was able to guess what would happen due to hints in the novel, but with this one I was so engrossed I either missed the hints or they weren't there. It made for an exciting end and a few plot twists to change things up. There were two things that I was unhappy with, first being the final battle and how short it seemed, but I understand that they need to leave most of the big fighting for the final book which is the next book. The other thing I was disappointed with was where it ended. I so badly wanted to know what the conversation Percy and Nico were about to have was about, but it just ended so I'm left hanging and need to get the next one as soon as possible!





Let me know if you've read any of them and what your opinions of them are.
xoxo Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3