Sunday, February 20, 2011

In My Mailbox {6}

Sunday, February 20, 2011


So this week I've been feeling pretty sick. I am still getting over my sinus infection, so I haven't really gotten to do anything. But I did get two new books for review this week. I do need to make a trip to the library, which will be happening sometime this coming week I hope. I do plan on buying a few books this week too so you'll get to see them all next weekend. I'd also like to thank everyone for making the beginning of my blogging experience so enjoyable and helping me reach 50+ followers so quickly. I am beyond excited whenever I see just one more follower, and I really hope you all are still enjoying my blog. I have things scheduled for this week so even if I'm still sick, things should be going up. But on to what I got this week in my In My Mailbox post.


For Review
Angelfire - Courtney Moulton

So I've been hearing so many things about this book lately and it just sounds absolutely amazing. I was so excited when I received my confirmation email for my request to review this book. I can't wait to get to start reading it, and here's the synopsis from Goodreads to see why. 

"This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action. 

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul. 

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once. 

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember." 


Angel Burn - L.A. Weatherly

Here's my other book I got this week, that I am absolutely beyond excited for. I've been seeing it around on other blogs and it looks like it is so good, and I get to read it before it comes out which makes it even better. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads.

"Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow that Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed romantic trilogy, L. A. Weatherly sends listeners on a thrill ride of a road trip – and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful."


Non Book
Now I know this isn't book related, but I just had to tell someone about these. I got the mini pack of Glee themed nail polish from Sephora this week, and I absolutely love the colors. I currently have three on my fingers and toes, because I couldn't pick which ones I wanted. They also have the cutest names like "Gleek Out", "Slushied", and "Diva-in-Training". Being a big Glee fan I find these absolutely adorable, and with the colors being so pretty, I find them very worth it.


in My Mailbox is an idea created by Kristi of The Story Siren and Alea of Pop Culture Junkie



8 comments:

  1. Angelfire has been on my wish list forever! I'm waiting to get it from the library. and Angelburn looks so good. *Jealous* Enjoy!! You can find my IMM here if you'd like ;) http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel Burn is on my wish list! Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received Angelfire this week so I am looking forward to reading that and I am currently in the middle of Angel Burn right now.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-7_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are always the worst. Anyhow, great books this week, and I love the nail polish set! I'm a fan of Glee as well, so I think I'll be making a trip to Sephora to get my own set. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive been debating purchasing the glee opi nail polishes! i think u've convinced me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some interesting books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angelfire sounds great. Also, GLEE nail polish!!! Outrageous but awesome Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3