Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wildefire - Karsten Knight
Release Date - July 26th 2011
Publisher - Simon and Schuster
Age Group - Young Adult
Pages - 400
Overall - 5/5




Every flame begins with a spark.
Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She’s struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve’s violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California’s redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn’t go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school—being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger—Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood…and she’s one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she’s got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time… And when warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.

So I have to say that I absolutely loved this book. There were so many magnificent things about it I'm not sure where to start. Ash decides to go away to boarding school after a violent incident with her sister Eve. Then after an event with one of the students off campus, she becomes friends with an unusual bunch of students. These students turn out to be a group of gods and goddesses. They all have their own powers and a similar life/background with their past life. The amount of authenticity between the gods and goddesses is wonderful. Karsten did a wonderful job recreating them and really helped fill in the story for the ones I was not familiar with. I grew so attached to each one of the gods and goddesses and felt like each one of them had an equally vital role with Ashline.


I can't really say much more about the story without giving things away. The story was so enthralling and had me hooked from the very beginning. There were so many surprises throughout the whole book. Some things that I were expecting to happen either didn't happen or happened when I wasn't expecting them. Of course there were many other things that I was not expecting. The last third of the book, I was unable to put it down. I wanted to know everything that was going to happen right then and there. 


 One thing I do know for certain is that  I cannot wait for Embers & Echoes because I have so many questions left over from the end of Wildefire. What really happened with Eve, what about the girl from the visions, COLT! I think there's enough said right there, if you have read it then you understand completely. If you haven't read this book yet what is wrong with you. I suggest getting this and moving it right to the top of your to read pile, it's so worth it. This has got to be up there with my new favorite books and I am so happy that it is going to be a series and there will be more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3