Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris

Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Bad Taste In Boys - Carrie Harris
Release Date: July 12th 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 201
Overall: 5/5

Someone's been a very bad zombie. 
Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! 
She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.

Hot Boys, Zombies, and a strong female lead. What more could you want from a book? I was in love with this book from the very beginning, I can't lie.  A stunning cover with an amazing story line, Bad Taste in Boys is way more than a zombie filled horror read. Of course like I've mentioned a million times before, the cover really is what first drew me to this book. I mean come on, look at it, doesn't it make you want to pick it up and read it? But what really hooked me was the story.

I remember being in high school and what it was like to have a crush on the high school jock, who doesn't? So the fact that Kate is just a normal teenage girl in the same kind of position that I have found myself in, made her extremely likable. The book hooks you in by getting to the point right away and I really liked how easy it was to be able to understand what was going on.

Bad Taste in boys is a fast paced quirky read about a zombie plague infecting a school, and one girl's fight to save her friends, family, and love. The witty remarks alone are something that should make you want to read this book. I found myself laughing while reading it and getting weird looks from my parents, but those I'm used to. So I would highly recommend picking up this book, and I know I'm adding Bad Hair Day to my list to read, I mean come on more Kate and werewolves, sounds perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3